Monday, February 20, 2006

6-12 Limit Hold'em

Played the 6-12 game at Bay 101 on President's day. Started with $300. The first hour was mainly up. American Airlines and the Speed Limit held up nicely and I was at about $420. A nice profit but I typically set a time limit. This time it was three hours. Hour two was painful. It was as dry as good Martini. Every time I looked down it was 7-5 offsuit or perhaps 8-6 suited. I took a couple pokes at pots without any lucky flops. Despite my mostly tight play, I was down to $340 at the end of 120 minutes. The first half of hour three was the same---Garbage. The dealer even scooped by big blind hand without me seeing it because the TV caught my eye. A very bad move on part. I was down to 30 minutes and about $300 when I woke up with J-10 suited in late position. This looked like Elle Macpherson to me after all my crappy cards. I called two bets and saw a flop of 8-5-9 all unsuited. Again, a early position player raised it and another made it 24 to go. Thanks to reading Phil Gordon' book, I knew the pot odds favored my calling with an open ended straight draw. A sexy queen on the river made my hand. The early position raiser again bet. The second guy folded and I RAISED!! Fortunately, the early raiser had two pair (Qs and 8s) so she called. I flipped over the J-10 and scooped up a nice pot. The next hand I again got AA that stood up to a flush draw. Patience had paid off. At the three hour mark, I left the table with $606, a nice $306 profit. Better lucky than good I guess. Any comments?

No comments: