Sunday, July 02, 2006

3-100 Spread Limit at Garden City

I decided to try to the new 3-100 Spread Limit at Garden City in San Jose. You can buy in for a maximum of $100. In the beginning I played tourniquet tight and try to get a feel for the game. It was a VERY tight game with several reasonable good players and one drunk guy with $500 bucks in front of him. He must have built the stack before his Budweiser Binge.

My first pot was a big blind special K-8s. No one raised it so I saw the flop for free. It came out Q-7-4, all spades. I had flopped the almost nut flush. I check it to three limpers who also check it. The turn was an A of hearts. So, I bet out like I had an ace--25 bucks. Two of the three limpers folded but and one guy called me. The river is a 3 of clubs. No help to anyone. So, I bet out another $25 feeler bet hoping to get called. No call, an all in raise!! What's going on here? Was the guy slow playing a made flush? Did he have the ace of spades? If he did, I will lose. I think about for a second and then call his all in. He flips over J-8 of spades and I show my king high flush for a very nice pot.

Chance from Surgical Poker.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you both had the 8s?

Anonymous said...

Lol