Friday, July 21, 2006

Aces Cracked at Tourney

I just finished 36th out of 94 at the Bay 101 Spread-Limit tourney. The game plan going in was to play tourniquet tight. I played only 5 of the first 50 hands dealt to me mainly because the cards were arid. The best hand I saw in the first three rounds was 2-2. After the first break I was in the ICU with only 1200 chips left and the blinds at 300-600. In late position, I woke up with KJ suited. I tossed in my two big blinds realizing I would not probably see anything better before I was forced to play. The asian mafia dude immediately next to me goes all in for $5000. The big blind only has $600 left so he calls. The BB turns over a pair of 9s and the guy next to me flips up American Airlines. The flops comes out 10-K-6. Not dead yet. The turn is another K and the river a J. The full boat triples me up and I am back in the game. Two hands after reaching the $7000 mark with pocket aces, I get them again in middle position. The dude under the gun, goes all in preflop for $10,000. I have visions of winning the tourney as I immediately call thinking I can double up yet again when the raiser turns over KQ. I have him in a full metal jacket! The flop comes out 8-K-6. The turn is a 4 giving him no flush or straight draw. So he has only another King or Queen as outs (5 total). I am at least an 8-1 favorite to win this nice tasty pot. Just as I cracked aces, my were cracked when a king floats up on the river and I go home.

No comments: