Friday, August 11, 2006

Quad Threes win Tourney at Caesars


I am in Vegas for Camp Hellmuth Three and the day before it started, I bought into the daily tourney at Caesars. I got VERY lucky on the second hand of the tourney with Aces that busted Kings and I immediately doubled up. Those chips allowed me to cruise through four rounds. By then, however, I had bled down to six big blinds. In the small blind, I had A10 suited. I went all in and was dominated by AQ. A beautiful 10 on the flop kept me alive.

A couple other nice hands and a few bluffs brought me to the the final table as the chip leader.

I played super tight and made the final three. Then, it was a mind game. One guy took a bad beat and went on tilt and was out. Heads up went on for a while. Finally, I called the big blind with pocket threes. I checked when I flopped a full house. The other guy went all in with AQ and of course I called him. The three on the turn gave me quads and the tourney win, my first!

AM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how much did it pay?

Anonymous said...

The payout was $3200 on a $100 buy-in