Saturday, January 13, 2007


I was playing my typical 3-5 Spread Limit game at Bay 101 when I looked down at pocket sevens in late position. Several people had limped in and I joined the almost family pot. The flop came out J-4-4. The first three players checked. I made it 25 bucks to go thinking I could just take it down right there with my sevens. The button guy quickly called and everyone else folded. The turn is another 7. What a country! (Insert Borat Accent here).

That gives me a full house so I ponder for a hollywood moment and then check it. The button checks it as well. The river is a queen. So, I tried to look pathetic and bet out 25 bucks into a hundred dollar pot hoping he will call me just to keep me honest.

He thinks for just a second and then raises me all-in for his last $75. Now, I am thinking. Was he slow playing pocket Jacks and has a bigger boat? Did he make the boat on the river queen? Is he bluffing??? My read was he was strong.

I couldn't let go of my boat for $75 so I called and he flipped up 7-4 offsuit for a 44477 boat. Fortunately, my 77744 boat beat his! He had me nailed until the turn.

Should he have bet his trips or checked on the flop?

AM SurgicalPoker

No comments: