Monday, February 19, 2007

Bay 101 Super Satellite for the WPT Shooting Star

Sucks outs beat skill. On President's Day, I played in the Bay 101 Super Satellite. The top 6 players received a seat to the $10,000 WPT Shooting Star. My initial table was 3-4 loose aggressive players mixed in with a maniac and 3 rocks. I was simply trying to survive in the middle of the tourney when the button came around to me. At that point, I was a short stack but not THE short stack. I looked down at 2-4 of diamonds. Everyone quickly folded to me. That left the maniac small blind and the super tight big blind. I had a pretty tight image so I went for it and pushed all in simply to steal the blinds. The small folded but the big blind thought FOREVER and then called with pocket eights.

I said "you got me". The flop comes out Q-5-3, no diamonds. Okay, now I am praying for an Ace to make a wheel. The turn is an eight, making my rock friend trips. I start to get up from the table as a six floats on the river giving me my straight and life. The Rock didn't like what I was cooking on that hand. More later on he got back at me....

Surgical Poker.com

No comments: