Friday, February 23, 2007

Black Bullets Drag Monster

I was playing at my usual 2-5 spread limit game at Bay 101 and frankly getting beat up by a couple loose aggressive players. I was a little intimidated and slightly on tilt after my AA-99 lost a big pot to trip fives. I bought in again and settled in waiting for a hand to play against one of the very good players.

When I looked down at the black bullets in my hand, I knew it might be my time. Someone ahead of me made it $25 to go and I promptly put it up another $100 hoping at least one but no more than two people would call. Everyone folded except the guy earlier who took $200 from me with the trip fives. He called. The flop came out K97, all clubs. I unfortunately or fortunately had to act first. I knew he might have a made flush but with the Ace of clubs in my hand, I felt like I had to put the pressure on him.

I made it $200 to go and he immediately called. I only had about $55 left so I am not sure why he didn't put me all in. Now, I was convinced he had a flush and that my aces had been cracked. The turn came out with a five of diamonds. I tossed my last chips in and told him I had the flush. He called anyway. The river was a beautiful 2 of clubs giving me the nuts. I flipped it up and he showed his buddy and then mucked. Later I found out he had QQ with the Q of clubs. The pot was juicy and my biggest ever.

I am not sure if I learned anything on this hand but it obviously made my day......

AM SurgicalPoker.com

No comments: