Sunday, July 01, 2007

Poker VIP and Royalty Rooms

I arrived at the WSOP on Friday and played a little cash game and then bought in for Event 49, the $1500 buyin. I tried my luck at a sat. game and took third for NO money. Then my luck changed. Phil Hellmuth sent me a text and asked me to dinner.

On the way to dinner he took me to both the Poker VIP room and the Poker Royalty room. They have a high Wii System inside the royalty room and we played a little of the bowling game with Daniel Negreanu watching and Greg Raymer in the next room. That game is addictive....

We then went to the VIP lounge and saw Doyle Brunson playing chinese poker. I tried not to gawk and didn't take any pictures but it was amazing. We then went to dinner at Gaylord's. Not a bad beginning to the WSOP.

Next time: The WSOP's third largest field EVER. I felt like I was at the BIG HOUSE (Michigan's Football Stadium). Also, I met a nice pro from Sweden and a super HOTTIE at my first table.......

AM Surgical Poker

No comments: