Monday, January 23, 2006

Flopping a Full House

I was playing 8-16 Hold'em at the Bay 101 club in a very loose game with excellent players. I was just hanging around when I woke up with pocket 10s in the big blind. I really hadn't had a good hand all day. I had A-K offsuit once and it didn't hold up against 2-2!! So, I decided to raise with my 10s to keep the limpers out. Unfortunately, 5 people called me. I really didn't want this but as I said it was a loose game.

The flop came K-K-10. That was a super rainbow for me. I had just flopped a full house. What more could I ask for? I should have just checked it but I came out and quickly bet. That eliminated three of my opponents but the button called my bet. The turn was a blank and again I bet. A mistake. This time the guy on the button folded.

It was an amazing hand that I should have slowed played. Despite this I was happy to drag at least a medium sized pot thanks to the pre-flop loose players. How much money did I leave in that hand? I'll never know. Next time, I'll try not to overplay a made hand.

AM

No comments: