Sunday, January 29, 2006

Paradise Poker Free Million Dollar Tourney


I'm in! I played in a "heat" tonight to gain entry into Paradise Poker's third "Free Million Tournament." I played in a few heats for the second tournament last year, but I never finished higher than 100+.
Took almost five hours. The top 15, out of a field of more than 1,500, earned a seat in this tournament (see attached screen shot--K2, you can post on your site). I was on the bubble for the last hour, biting my nails. But you'd be proud--I didn't play scared. I kept playing the cards I'd have played if I had been in first place (well, almost). Luck and timing played a part. Was in 22nd place of 23 remaining, when pocket 10s came to me, with a 10 on the flop. I went all in and doubled up. It was enough to carry me into the top 10 for a while. Then I bled to 13th place where I stayed until the field got down to 15. The tournament automatically ended once the final 15 players were reached.
The final tournament isn't until July. So I have plenty of time to hone my no-limit skills and absorb all the stuff in Gordon's book you sent me. Top 500 finishers of that tournament get money, starting at $50, and ending at $1,000,000 for numero uno. I think PP runs heats until 5,000 seats have been assigned. There are currently about 400 seats taken.
Phew. Time for bed.

Nar Pow Pow

No comments: