Sunday, March 05, 2006

Paradise Poker Player Post (Nar Pow Pow)

I was playing in a player's club tourney right now at Paradise Poker. (you enter by using points accrued from games played.) i just won a couple thousand chips using pot odds...i hope i did it correctly, or i just got very lucky.

K 7s--flop gave me a pair of 7s --bet of 300 came to me; pot now had 1700 chips--i had 5 outs to give me "best" hand (three Ks and> two 7s, right?); rule of 4 then says i have a 20% chance of getting a winning hand on the turn or river--so if i called, pot would be 2000, divide that by 300, equals about 7 to 1 --break even % then is 1/8 or about 13% my chance of winning (20%) was greater than my break even odds (13%), so I called. K came on the turn, i bet, he called, yada yada, i won pot with 2 pair. Of course, about 15 mins later i lost a couple thousand chips with cowboys. oh well. Surgical Poker Post by Nar Pow Pow......

For more Poker Posts, go to SurgicalPoker.com

No comments: